Lilly Holiday The Myth, the Mother.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Corsets the making of: Vol. 1!

So I've started making a corset now mind you this isn't the first time I've made a corset; however that was ten years ago (god I'm old!) and sewing as I found is NOT like riding a horse. I have been bucked off that sewing machine many a time now and I'm starting to get in the swing of it. I've been using a butterick's pattern #4254 but I got it in the wrong size....Oh good lord. So now I have a size down a 12 to a 6!!!

But it's my first one in a minute so I'm trying to not be so hard on my self and I've been making okay progress on the beast. And I've never thought a light board would come so in handy while sewing, thank you Matt for my super cute pink light board!

Here's what I've done so far. I'm just in lust with that color! But I still need to put the busk on and the boning in....long long long! way to go.
Up date soon!
Love and Excelsior
Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment